We Connected 297 Students to Internships in 2018!
Hire KC unleashed eager interns across a a variety of nonprofit organizations, municipal agencies and area businesses this summer. All in all, the 2018 Hire KC initiative connected 297 young people to internships and work-based experiences.
Kansas City area high school and college students found themselves designing puppets at the Mesner Puppet Theater, working in urban planning for the city of Kansas City, Missouri, and skilling up in information technology and graphic design, just to name a few. Hundreds of Hire KC interns left quite a mark on Kansas City this summer, and it’s these kind of work-based experiences that help transform Kansas City’s youth and give a boost to the local talent pipeline.
Each summer, Hire KC interns have the opportunity to gain valuable real-world job experience while learning critical success skills that employers expect, and give youth an edge in their career development. Additionally, Hire KC interns have access to many free professional training workshops and classes on things like resume writing, interviewing skills, budgeting, time management, and more.
We’d like to thank our many Hire KC connector companies, City departments and non-profit organizations for helping us create and connect transformative pathways and experiences for hundreds of Kansas City youth.
Hire KC direct placement partners include:
- American Jazz Museum
- City Council
- City of Kansas City MO Aviation Department
- City of Kansas City MO City Clerk’s Office
- City of Kansas City MO Health Department
- City of Kansas City MO Neighborhood & Housing
- City of Kansas City MO Public Works Department
- City Manager’s Office, Administration
- City Manager’s Office, Anti-Violence Program
- City Manager’s Office, Communications
- City Manager’s Office, Culture, and Creative Services
- City Manager’s Office, KC BizCare
- City Manager’s Office, Office of Economic Development
- City Manager’s Office, Office of Performance Management
- City Planning & Development
- Community LINC
- Connecting for Good
- Convergence Design
- Hillcrest Transitional Housing
- Kansas City MO Fire Department
- Kansas City MO Mayor’s Office
- Kansas City Public Television
- Kansas City Urban Youth Academy
- KC Young Audiences
- Mesner Puppets
- Science City at Union Station
- Success Link Outreach
- Uncover KC
Hire KC is seeking employer partners for Hire KC Summer 2019. For more information about designing or creating an internship program; recruiting and matching students to your internships, or if you’d like to find out what it takes to become an intern, please click to contact the Hire KC Program Director, Mr. William Dowdell.