Hire KC’s mission is to support opportunity, equity, and illuminate career pathways so that all youth can learn and grow into promising futures. Hire KC provides access and connects young people to work-based opportunities, learning and experiences that will lead them to brighter futures and better prepare them for the jobs of tomorrow.
The KC Social Innovation Center manages Hire KC and works to engage and support a variety of business partners, increasing the number of internship and work-based opportunities so we can serve more youth while continuing to innovate and experiment with new tools, platforms and methodologies to improve youth talent and workforce development at scale.
WORK WITH US
- Use our platform to:
- Post internships, projects and jobs.
- Work with more schools and reach more students.
- Enlist us to manage interns, and to grow and diversify your talent pipeline.
- Hire us to help you redesign, expand or augment how you work with youth.
Hire KC is the primary funnel of youth engagement for internships in the KC Region. Participation is open to all high school and college students from the Greater Kansas City Metropolitan Area, and our service area includes Jackson, Cass, Clay, and Platte counties in Missouri, and Johnson and Wyandotte counties in Kansas.
The Hire KC program consists of the following core components for Employers:
- Coordination and sourcing of regional paid work-based experiences, youth jobs, and learning opportunities accessible through our web portal, career fair and other interactive or learning events; and
- An online work-based experience marketplace for students, schools and districts, programs, intermediaries, employers and employer intermediaries.
- The employer online dashboard includes:
- Collaborative space to work with multiple colleagues
- Ability to post internships, projects, and jobs
- Ability to offer work-based learning opportunities (i.e. job shadows, classroom speaking, site-tours) and adjust schedule and inventory at any time
- Offer student evaluations for performance feedback
- The employer intermediary dashboard includes:
- Ability to assist schools, programs, and employers in their work-based learning
- Ability to create a Hire KC employer profile on behalf of an employer
- Ability to login on behalf of member employers and manage internship and job postings, and work-based experience requests (accept, deny or message a school or program)
- Ability to have multiple intermediary partners under one account (i.e. Greater KC Chamber of Commerce and Northland CAPS)
- Access to Hire KC career fair and other interactive or learning events
- Centralized youth success program, including:
- Branding and marketing
- Employer, school and youth engagement
- Collaboration and alignment with workforce agencies
- Access to digital resources and toolkits for employers, and for youth: online learning, digital badges, curated professional development and leadership workshops, plus service-based experiences.
To learn more about our Internship Services and program management options, or if you have any questions – talk to us!.